Cherne® Inside of Pipe Gripper® Plugs can be used in applications including DWV (drain, waste and vent) testing and stack testing. Inside-of-pipe design allows location of the plug inside the pipe.
- Plug is rated for 17 PSI or 40 ft. of head pressure
- Extra large zinc wing nut for ease of tightening, no wrench required
- Natural rubber O-ring for excellent expansion and memory
- ABS glass-reinforced plates for added strength
- Zinc-Plated carriage bolt resists rust and corrosion |
|Head Pressure (Feet of Head):||40|
|Maximum Back Pressure:||17 PSI (1.2 bar)|
|Product Type:||Inside-of-Pipe Gripper|
Available in 3 Variations
Showing 3 of 3
There are no results available
Yes. Cherne offers two chemical resistant mechanical plugs: The Cherne Well Monitor Plug and the Cherne Petro Econ-O–Grip.
What is the maximum temperature that the original gripper plugs be exposed to?
Gripper plugs have natural rubber O-Rings. These O-Rings allow for operating temperatures between 0° F to 125° F. Consult engineering for usage outside this temperature range.
What gripper should be used when permanently blocking a hole?
Mechanical plugs can be used to permanently block an opening (Grippers are mechanical plugs). Be sure to use the correct size Gripper for the opening.