Cherne® Clean-Seal® plugs eliminate test water backsplash when stack testing drain, waste and vent plumbing systems. Simply thread them into a standard test tee, inflate the bladder and run your test. Cherne Industries is a global leader in pipe plug, blocking and testing.
- Clean-Seal® Plug holds back up to 13 PSI or 30 ft. of head pressure
- Plug design keeps work area and plumber dry no backsplash
- Seals both plastic and hard to seal cast iron threaded cleanouts
- Easy to install
- Natural rubber body provides a leak-free seal
- High-impact ABS threads for maximum durability
- Removable and field repairable inflation valve fitting
Cherne offers a 2 year warranty on all pneumatic plugs from date of manufacture, (plugs are post-dated by six months to allow for shelf time). If kept in controlled conditions (not exposed to sunlight and kept at temperatures between 0-125 degrees F) the pneumatic plugs remain in good condition for a longer period of time. Plugs should always be inspected for visual damage prior to every use.
What type of rubber is a Cherne pneumatic plugs made from?
All of Cherne’s pneumatic pipe plugs are made from natural rubber. The only exception is our yellow pillow plugs which are made from a polyurethane impregnated fabric.
How is it determined what size plug should be used?
The first step is to determine the ID (inside diameter) of the pipe that will be plugged, and then choose the plug that matches the ID of the pipe for that application. Some of our Cherne plugs can be used for multiple sizes of pipe, but they should only be used when the size range of the plug is being used on a pipe which falls within that range. When in doubt, call the customer service help desk.