The Dearborn TruDrain™ 1-1/4 in. Cast Brass Bathroom Sink Grid Drain incorporates a patent-pending design that improves drainage performance by up to 40%. TruDrain’s unique concave design promotes water flow toward the center of the drain, improving drainage and preventing ponding. Innovative design features make TruDrain™ easier to install, including a puttyless washer, TPR basin washer and heavy duty locknut with large wrench flats. A 17-Gauge tailpiece is included. Dearborn is known for providing superior quality and products designed with the plumber in mind.
Part #: W9206TNO
- Decorative open grid bathroom sink drain in polished chrome
- Fits popular bathroom sink styles: pedestal, vessel, drop-in, under-mount
- Patent-pending design improves drainage performance by up to 40%
- Putty-less washer replaces plumbers’ putty or caulk
- Red TPR basin washer conforms to fixture outlet better than traditional rubber
- Heavy-duty brass locknut with large wrench flats eases installation
- Solid 17-Gauge brass body construction
- Outlet pipe of 1-1/4 in. fits sink drain with a minimum 1-1/2 in. hole
- For sinks without an overflow
- CUPC approved
The repetitive use of harsh cleaners or drain cleaners can lead to the degradation of the basket strainer finishes. To avoid this, mild cleaning agents should be used or cleaning chemicals should be quickly removed from the surface of the strainer. Remember to also use soft sponges or cloths to clean the strainer, abrasive scrubbing pads can also scratch the finished surface.
Should silicone or plumbers putty be used when installing a basket strainer?
Either product is compatible with our brass and stainless steel components, but this may not be true of the sinks that they are being installed into. You should always check with the sink manufacture to seek their recommendations on sealant. If the sink is a porous material, the regular plumbers putty may stain the surface. Refer to our FAQs in category 4 for some surfaces that regular plumbers putty should never be used with. You should only use silicone to seal our plastic strainers, the use of plumbers putty will cause fatigue failure.
Are there any strainers available with decorative finishes?
Yes. The following finishes are available for our Plastic Strainers, Brass and Plastic Disposal Flanges: Plastic Strainers are available in Biscuit, White, Bone, Euro-White and Black Brass Disposal Flanges are available in UltraShine® Polished Brass and Polished Chrome Plastic Disposal Flanges are available in Biscuit, White, Bowl Bone, Euro-White and Black